Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712947
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
The Hedland Network of Schools is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Network Attendance Officer to improve student attendance in the Hedland Network of schools including Baler, Cassia, South Hedland, Port Hedland and Marble Bar Primary Schools, Cassia Education Support Centre, Port Hedland School of the Air and Yandeyarra Remote Community School and Hedland Senior High School.
The successful applicant will collaborate with school leaders and school attendance teams to support local attendance strategies including the Mirnukaru Hedland Attendance Strategy, and use practical school, family and community solutions according to the school’s own contextual needs.
The Network Attendance Officer will develop and maintain effective community and intra-agency partnerships within the network, consult and liaise on the Mirnukaru Hedland Attendance Strategy Steering Committee, convene termly attendance panels for the network and maintain databases while supporting and advising schools in the development of and implementation of targeted interventions for individuals and groups of students who are non-attending and disengaged from education.
The successful applicant will also collect and analyse student attendance data, identify issues and develop appropriate strategies, liaise with and respond to inquiries from community members and parents concerning parent responsibility in relation to the School Education Act.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability in providing operational policy and attendance related support and guidance for net-work schools.
- Understanding of trends and issues in education relating to school attendance in the local context.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with target groups.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative thinking in problem solving.
- Initiative and organisational skills including the ability to identify priorities address operational needs and meet agreed outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cassia Primary School can be found by visiting www.cassiaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Narelle Ward, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 8500 or emailing Narelle.Ward@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Narelle Ward on Narelle.Ward@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 20 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.