Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS725800
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Ravensthorpe District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Mainstream Education Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant you will ideally have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will work in collaboration with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program for all students. The successful applicant will ideally be passionate about making a difference. It is highly desirable that the successful applicant will be organised and will be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. These skills will also be utilised to aid teachers by assisting with the general care and well-being of students.
The successful applicant will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Ravensthorpe DHS was established in 1901 and has strong partnerships with the local community. We offer students from Kindergarten to Year 10 all that you would expect in a larger metropolitan school, yet have that unique, friendly atmosphere typical of a small rural community.
Our vision is to empower students to achieve their full potential through a positive, supportive and engaging environment that is connected to life experiences and challenges. At Ravensthorpe DHS, we value our three core positive behaviour expectations of care, ambition and respect and communicate high expectations of our teaching, support and office staff and of all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ravensthorpe District High School can be found by visiting www.ravensthorpedhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact David Vooght-Simpson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ravensthorpe, by telephoning (08) 9852 3000 or emailing David.Vooght-Simpson@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact David Vooght-Simpson on 0455 779 904.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.