Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP721622
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Balcatta Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised, motivated and professional Deputy Principal to join our leadership team.
The successful applicant should ideally possess strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively to achieve the best educational outcomes for our students and make a lasting contribution to our school community.
As a Deputy Principal, you should ideally be able to build effective relationships with staff, students and families; develop and lead curriculum with a focus on evidence-based practice and Early Childhood Education, with particular expertise in Talk 4 Writing, Guided Reading, Synthetic Phonics and Phonemic Awareness Programs; and provide and develop strong structures of engagement and wellbeing within a student services focus. As an educational leader, you will ideally have thorough knowledge of internal and external services and the referral processes that support students with challenging behaviours, diagnosed and imputed disabilities and have the skills to work collaboratively with these agencies and together with teaching staff to implement appropriate learning programs for specific students.
The position calls for critical thinking, a continual improvement mindset and the ability to inspire and motivate others. To support strategic education initiatives and build upon current capabilities, the successful applicant will ideally build connection and community to develop teaching practices that equally value academic outcomes and student wellbeing. The successful applicant should leverage a deep understanding of future-focused education and ideally have significant expertise in analysing school-based assessment data to develop a strong and visionary learning culture. The successful applicant will ideally have sound knowledge of ACER Progressive Achievement Tests, Brightpath and Sound Waves and demonstrated ability to apply the analysis of this data to whole school improvement.
Balcatta PS is an Independent Public School committed to providing every student with a pathway to a successful future by unlocking their learning potential. We have a high proportion of CALD students where an understanding of different cultural backgrounds, learning styles and second language acquisition processes incorporated into differentiated teaching methods support the literacy and numeracy development of our students. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the EALD Progress Maps and support teachers in a collaborative manner to apply this data to provide appropriate teaching strategies in their classroom.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balcatta Primary School can be found by visiting balcattaprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Gates, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9253 4900 or emailing Peter.Gates@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in the context of the role and business needs of Balcatta Primary School.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.