Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS721407
Do you have a green thumb? Then this position is for you!
Grandis Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Gardeners - Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We currently have the following position available:
One (1) – permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position (2 days per week) commencing Term 1, 2022.
As Gardener-Handyperson you will ideally have a passion for the outdoors and an ability to work with team members to create and maintain a safe, enjoyable outdoor environment for students, staff and the community.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping and ensure all reticulation is working effectively. You should also have proven experience in marking formal and informal sports areas and the ability to perform minor repairs and maintenance as well as other Gardener-Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
You will ideally have the capacity to work unsupervised, with the ability to identify and recognise work that is required to be completed, without specific direction. Suitable applicants will continue to upgrade our existing school grounds and maintain them to a high standard. We are looking for a team player to join our friendly staff who is able to adapt to the diverse role as a school gardener.
The school is situated on Grandis Boulevard in Banksia Grove and was built in two stages. The school includes five teaching blocks, administration area, playgrounds, undercover area, library, dental therapy centre as well as multi-purpose courts and an oval which are shared with the City of Wanneroo.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Grandis Primary School please visit grandisps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jackie Norman, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9233 6500 or emailing Jackie.Norman@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Jackie Norman on 0427 542 041.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED OR SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.