Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE717528
This is a thirty (30) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January, 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Sustainability Unit within the Capital Works and Maintenance Directorate is responsible for bringing together all the sustainability activities currently being delivered across the organisation under a unified and strategic systems approach at public schools across the State.
The Unit is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Project Officer to manage the coordination, planning, design and development of projects as part of the Schools Clean Energy Technology Fund.
The objective of the Fund is to reduce schools’ carbon emissions and assist in the reduction of energy costs. The resultant program of works will deliver solar installations and other energy efficiencies to schools across the state
The successful applicant will ensure projects are delivered on time and aligned to the objectives of the fund as well as provide project related advice to schools as required. The successful applicant will also develop and prepare reports, briefings and ministerial requests relating to the Schools Clean Energy Technology Fund.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated substantial skills and experience in project management, including the ability to deliver agreed outcomes within specified timeframes.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare quality reports and briefings and to deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative input into strategic planning and the development and implementation of key projects and policies.
- Demonstrated highly developed research and investigation skills.
- Demonstrated highly developed ability to be flexible and organised and to provide an effective consultancy service within budget in a customer-focussed manner and to work collaboratively in a team.
- Demonstrated substantial understanding of schools facilities, particularly in relation to needs assessment.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Stephen Willard, Principal Project Officer by telephoning 0457 135 887 or emailing Stephen.Willard@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Monday, 13 December 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.