Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS718938
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
John Forrest Secondary College (SC) is seeking a motivated and dedicated Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Workplace Learning Officer to join their team.
Working within our Career and Vocational Education team, the VET and Workplace Learning Officer will ideally have the ability to support students in the workplace, conduct workplace visits during school terms and school holiday periods as required, and secure placements with existing and new workplace partners. The ideal applicant will have the capacity to work collaboratively with VET staff to improve student outcomes and also possess the capacity to show initiative and be flexible in supporting students from diverse backgrounds. Experience with Registered Training Program (RTP) Work Placements, RTP VET and Registered Training Organisations would be an advantage.
John Forrest SC offers a vibrant and dynamic learning experience for students and is currently undergoing extensive building upgrades to enable the buildings to match the calibre of what occurs inside its classrooms. The College continues to build opportunity for personal development and academic achievement toward university entry, further education, traineeships, apprenticeships and workplace training. Investment in improved facilities, information technology and resources, together with quality teaching, have fostered a culture of achievement and success with recent acknowledgement of student achievement and quality programs.
As an Independent Public School, John Forrest SC is committed to developing excellent learning experiences through quality staff, resources, facilities and diverse education and training. Students at John Forrest experience quality teaching and learning programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge and understanding of Workplace Learning programs and contexts with ability to induct employers, staff and students on workplace learning procedures.
- Knowledge of Vocational programs and ability to facilitate college/industry partnerships.
- Experience in developing, implementing, evaluating and reporting on suitable Vocational programs for students.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills with ability to initiate, plan and coordinate activities and work collaboratively and autonomously in a team environment.
- Sound keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about John Forrest Secondary College can be found by visiting https://www.johnforrest.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Alicia Denman, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9473 4016 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a current Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Hold or obtain a valid White Card
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.