Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717850
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Chidlow Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and professional School Officer to join their Corporate Services Team.
As part of this role you will assist the Manager Corporate Services with accounts payable and receivable, generating routine reports, Human Resource processes, support staff relief payments, HRMIS reports, and Working with Children compliance. Other responsibilities include Third Party Permissions, Integris, updating school website and preparing notices and correspondence. You will also support the MCS during end of year preliminary planning and complete RM Billing End of Year.
The successful applicant will ideally have an excellent focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative, and excellence in customer service delivery and administrative support. They should have strong organisational skills, and the flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes, while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment.
Knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems, financial systems, and web based and social media platforms are highly desirable. The successful applicant should have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources within the school, with application of customer service principles and practise to maintain the expected high quality interactions with students, parents and the wider community.
Chidlow PS is a lovely semi-rural school, surrounded by natural bushland. The school enjoys a positive reputation in the community and parents are supportive and involved in school activities. Chidlow PS prides itself on our motto of ‘Working Together’. Staff work collaboratively to provide a safe, caring and positive environment to achieve our vision of “Creating champions in learning and life.”
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages,particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in theapplication of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Chidlow Primary School can be found by visiting chidlowps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Christine Hennessy, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9573 7200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.