Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP719529
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Orelia Primary School (PS) is looking for a confident, well organised and calm Deputy Principal who is committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students. You will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community. The successful applicant will ideally have outstanding interpersonal skills and be a collaborative team administrator.
As the Deputy Principal you will be working with staff to plan for students with special needs within the School of Special Educational Needs (SSEN) and working with the School Psychologist and other agencies such as the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). You will also manage the allocation of the Education Assistants time and be involved in the development of Performance Management Cycle.
This role will require high level knowledge and skills to lead and support the staff in managing students with high educational needs, and supporting staff and students with trauma. Knowledge and understanding of students with a disability is important as well as the ability to coordinate case conferences and liaise with external service providers.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience and a strong concept of student engagement and current professional learning or the capacity to undertake professional learning in areas including Positive Behaviour Schools (PBS), de-escalation, team teach, zones of regulation and trauma-informed practice.
At Orelia PS, we want children to reach their academic, social and emotional potential, and to become valuable members of the community.
Our mission is to deliver an excellent standard of education that supports children to achieve results equal to, or above state norms. Each innovative program caters to the needs of each child and their family.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Orelia Primary School can be found by visiting www.oreliaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanna Stewart-Magee, Principal by telephoning (08) 6174 1200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.