Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE718685
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
Who are we looking for?
Would you enjoy promoting careers in education and sharing your own professional experiences with others? Are you a collaborative team member who builds effective professional relationships?
If so, we think that this position offers an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the Department’s Teach in WA team.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- exceptional skills in building and maintaining effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- excellent presentation skills both in person and online; and
- great organisational and project management skills.
About the role
Our team of project officers manage a range of programs and projects for attracting and retaining staff in the public education system.
The immediate focus of this advertised position is to project manage our career events promoting the Department as an employer of choice.
Who are we
A number of key Workforce projects are managed within our team:
- Promotion of the Department as an Employer of Choice with a diversity of career in Education.
- The Leap program to retrain teachers into specialised areas of need
- The Casual Staff Seeker online tool that connects public schools with work-ready relief teachers
- Subsidised employee housing and relocation support for eligible Department staff appointed to regional schools across the state
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Extensive knowledge of current issues, policies and best practice related to contemporary strategic human resource planning and management, including attraction and retention issues.
- Highly developed project management skills, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in presenting to large groups of people, and in the preparation of reports, Ministerials and briefing notes.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Matthew Ward, Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 9264 8725 or emailing Matthew.Ward@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 December 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.