Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE682726
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Monday 24 January 2022
The Coordinator Regional Operations (Kimberley regional Education Office) is the first point of contact for school administrators, to provide accurate, high-level and strategic advice to support and ensure the management of daily school operations comply with relevant legislation and Department policy settings. The successful application will provide professional, administrative and operational support to the Directors of Education to support school leaders and school operations. The applicant will be required to have an understanding of Kimberley communities and being responsive to community support as part of Kimberley Region Education Office.
The successful applicant will implement a customer-service focus in the regional office to effectively and efficiently handle enquiries, concerns and complaints, relating to the regional office, schools or the Department in general. You will ensure professionalism and accuracy in the provision of advice and information to maintain and enhance the public profile of education. You will provide a brokerage service that supports communications with schools and central office.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed leadership and strategic planning skills with the ability to coordinate and promote a shared understanding of the regional office role.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate strategies and projects to improve regional level support to schools.
- Conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyse issues and generate appropriate strategies.
- Extensive written and oral communication and public relations skills, including preparation of reports and briefings.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships and undertake negotiations, consultations and conflict resolution.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Bridge, Director of Education Kimberley, by telephoning (08) 9192 0800 or emailing Paul.Bridge@education.wa.edu.au or Brett Winfield , Principal Advisor via email Brett.Winfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED