Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717635
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
South Coogee Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener – Handyperson to join their team.
The successful applicant will maintain the school to the high standard to which it has been kept. In addition to maintaining and presenting the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, you will provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition, and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will also perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
The successful applicant will continue to upgrade our existing school grounds and maintain them to a high standard. We are looking for a team player to join our friendly staff who is able to adapt to the diverse role as a school gardener. The Gardener - Handyperson will work with staff and students on the Sustainability Program so good interpersonal skills are important.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be confident in performing minor repairs and have a sound knowledge of safe work practices in order to carry out your duties. You will ideally have the capacity to work unsupervised, with the ability to identify and recognise work that is required to be completed, without specific direction.
South Coogee is an Independent Public School catering for around 450 children from Kindergarten to Year 6 on a modern, attractive and well-resourced campus. Our school is located approximately 13kms south of Fremantle. School buildings are modern and the school grounds are attractive with a range of challenging playground equipment. Classrooms are spacious and designed to promote collaborative teaching and learning practices.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Coogee Primary School can be found by visiting www.southcoogeeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Sue Parr, Manager Corporate Services on (08) 6174 1500 or by emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.