Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH721327
Yandeyarra Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Remote Teaching Service Allowance of $18 120.00 a year
- Locality allowance of $4 132.00 a year
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Free GROH housing
- Free relocation (same support offered after completion of the contract)
- Bereavement leave travel to Perth
- Air conditioning subsidy allowance
- Long term furniture storage allowance while in GROH accommodation
About the Role
The successful applicant will be qualified to teach students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The successful applicant will ideally be a motivated, adaptable and reflective teacher who seeks out new opportunities and is focused on their own professional growth. You will ideally be collaborative, have high level interpersonal skills and work to improve the outcomes of all children in a team environment. You should actively engage in self-refection to improve your practice and participate in the application and development of our whole school programs.
Suitable applicants would ideally have experience in the teaching of English as an Additional Language/Dialect (EAL/D). Knowledge of Classroom Management Strategies (CMS) and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) would also be highly desirable.
The school is very well resourced and is located in a small, supportive community within close proximity to Port Hedland which has a large assortment of shops and services.
We currently have regular attendance of between 10 to 15 students each day across two classrooms. Our aim is for our students to be at, or exceed, the levels achieved by students in like schools. We work hard and have fun.
The Location and Community
Yandeyarra RCS is situated in a town site founded around the original homestead of Yandeyarra Station established in 1896. Yandeyarra is on a large Aboriginal Reserve (229 512 Hectares) and was gazetted in 1972. Most community members are descendants of the Aboriginal people who settled in the location during the Pastoral Workers Strike of 1946 through to 1949.
The possibilities for exploring the beautiful Pilbara Region are endless with trips to Karijini National Park, Millstream/Chichester National Park and the Pilbara coast within easy reach from Yandeyarra.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yandeyarra Remote Community School can be found by visiting www.yandeyarrarcs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Andrew Whiting, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Yandeyarra, by telephoning (08) 9146 1700 or emailing Andrew.Whiting@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.