Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA718736
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (9 month) and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
We are looking for an experienced Head of Department – Studies committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students. You will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community.
Located just east of the town centre of Denmark, the WA College of Agriculture is a 56 hectare working farm and educational facility for Year 10, 11 and 12 students, offering a wide variety of studies with an agricultural focus. The College operates at full capacity with 140 students (95 residential and 35 day students) and 60 staff members who support three main areas: The classroom/studies program, the farm and residential program. The College prides itself on providing rigorous educational pathways and proactive opportunities for its students across a range of educational pathways.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day running and organisational duties of the entire class teaching team. They will lead an experienced and diverse team of staff delivering Western Australian curriculum courses at Year 10 level, Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) and General WACE courses at Year 11 and 12 levels. They will oversee the delivery, assessment and reporting of all class learning areas. This position includes a teaching component up to 0.6 FTE in one, or a combination of the following learning areas: Agriculture, Science, Maths and/or English.
The College, residence and farm all work together to ensure that, along with learning and achievement, student safety and care is of paramount importance. We provide a home away from home for many of our students and we take on the responsibility of training young people in the 'real world' environment of a commercial farm with all of its inherent risks. We foster a young adult learning environment and require, from all of our students, a commitment to behave in a way that helps to ensure their own safety as well as others.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Western Australian College Of Agriculture - Denmark can be found by visiting www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Kirkwood, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9848 0200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED