Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717320
This is a permanent part-time (0.9FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2021
Katanning Primary School (PS) are seeking a motivated and organised School Officer to join their friendly team.
Katanning PS is located in the Great Southern Region of WA. It is part of the Wheatbelt Education Region and the Great Southern Schools Network. Our school caters for students in KindiLink, for families with a three-year-old child, to Year 6.
As the first point of contact for our school, the School Officer is responsible for building positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, staff and the wider community. Using their strong interpersonal skills, the successful applicant should possess excellence in customer service delivery and be passionate about providing effective clerical support. They will be responsible for meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries. The successful applicant will also assist in student services dealing with absentees, parent contact and other duties as directed.
School Officers work collaboratively with the Manager Corporate Services, Administrative staff and the wider school community to support and administer the school’s financial and physical resources. Responsibilities in these roles will include assisting with; financial processes and reconciliation of purchasing cards, payment and receipt of accounts, administrative functions related to buildings and grounds, minor works, faults/routine maintenance and community use of school facilities, management of student enrolment applications and maintenance of student records, physical recording of assets and resources and administrative support to other corporate services functional areas as required.
Like our wider community, Katanning PS welcomes and appreciates its rich cultural diversity: over 30% of our students are Aboriginal and over 30% speak a language other than English at home. We value all that this contributes to our development of confident, socially responsible, successful students with broad perspectives, developing cultural understandings and an increasingly knowledgeable world view.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Katanning Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Mark Richardson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Katanning, by telephoning (08) 9821 3600 or emailing Mark.Richardson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.