Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS718262
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Education Assistant – Special Needs – Lead (EASNL) to join the team.
Narrogin SHS is situated in the heart of Western Australia's richest agricultural area. The Town of Narrogin is a major service and educational centre about two hours’ drive (193 km) from Perth. The hinterland is a farming area, with grain and wool production the major primary activities.
The role of the EASNL is to lead, mentor, coach and model good practices for other Education Assistants. You will plan and deliver the worksite induction and training of other Education Assistants. In consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and School Psychologists, or other relevant professionals, it is highly desirable that you contribute to the design and implementation of documented plans and to provide solutions and support to teachers, which promote positive student behaviour and improved educational outcomes in the classroom.
The successful applicant may be required to perform tasks which require discretion in problem solving, decision making and choosing methods and processes to achieve outcomes. It would be highly desirable for you to have experience in dealing with students with a range of learning needs including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and severe mental health diagnoses and to be constantly student-focussed, with the ability to remain calm in an emergency.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well-developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Peter Trefort, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9307 or emailing Peter.Trefort@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.