Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS717584
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you a passionate and talented Education Assistant – Mainstream, who has a strong commitment to improving the educational outcomes of students?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly effective, dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistant – Mainstream to provide classroom level support, to enable the delivery of high quality, student-focused learning programs.
The successful applicant will ideally use excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collaborate well with school staff to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive learning environment for students. The successful applicant would ideally have experience working with Early Childhood students.
This position is initially to be filled part-time (0.4FTE) on Thursday & Friday coverage with a potential FTE increase in the future.
'Fly High... See Far' is embedded in everything we do at Lancelin Primary School (LPS). Our motto goes hand in hand with our mission which is to empower individuals, to develop responsible citizens who are successful, confident, creative problem solvers are accountable for their learning.
Our school is a little 'gem'. Located in the peaceful coastal town of Lancelin, surrounded by stunning beaches and beautiful bush. Our 'family' here at LPS includes students, staff, families and the extended community and we all have a common goal, to ensure our students gain all they can from their time at LPS.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lancelin Primary School can be found by visiting lancelinps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jemma Temby, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9628 6000 or emailing Jemma.Temby@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.