Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP718927
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a 21st century motivated and team orientated educational leader?
Kalamunda Secondary Education Support Centre (KSESC) is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to fill the position of Deputy Principal.
In collaboration with the Principal and the executive team, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school’s vision, business and operational plans and strategic directions across the school community. A significant responsibility of the Deputy Principal is build and maintain positive relationships between students, staff, parents, caregivers and the wider community.
As our Deputy Principal, you should possess exemplary leadership qualities and a high level of professional knowledge, including authority developed workplace learning (ADWPL) and vocational education and training (VET) for SEN; behaviour management relating to students with disability, including positive behaviour support (PBS); and a high level of understanding of the disability resourcing system (DRS) process. It is also highly desirable that the applicant has experience with leading teacher performance and development and the use of data, including InCAS, to inform school planning within an educational support context.
KSESC is a school for students with mild to severe intellectual disabilities. While this criterion is the primary basis for enrolment, students typically present with a broader range of disabilities including autism spectrum disorders, psychological disorders and physical disabilities. The diversity of disability, combined with the specific learning needs of individuals, creates a dynamic and complex learning environment that requires a collaborative approach towards meeting all student needs.
KSESC aims to develop and maximise the social, emotional and academic ability of all students from Years 7 to 13 - for them to be active and productive citizens as they progress through school and transition into the community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalamunda Secondary ESC can be found by visiting www.kses.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Gayle Nelson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9293 6490 or emailing Gail.Nelson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.