Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS714564
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Eastern Goldfields College is looking for an Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you would need to collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as possess the ability to support the general health and well-being of students. You will ideally be organised and able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
The successful applicant will be working and supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) within a senior school environment and should possess confidence when interacting with older students. It is also desirable for the successful applicant to have experience in assisting with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) applications and Special Educational Needs (SEN) planning in a senior school environment.
Eastern Goldfields College is a progressive Independent Public School which caters for students in Year 11 and 12. As a senior college, we encourage students to take ownership of their learning and achieve their very best.
The College exits in a unique and diverse educational domain. It shares facilities with Central Regional TAFE (Kalgoorlie campus) and the WA School of Mines (WASM). It is the College vision for our students to achieve high academic, vocational and social standards by fully embracing the learning opportunities that the co-located site provides.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Goldfields College can be found by visiting www.egc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Vicki Bogensperger, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning 9092 3100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.