Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS718749
Mount Lawley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Finance Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencement within the 2022 school year.
The suitable applicants will be responsible for ensuring end of month processes including bank reconciliation and report analysis are carried out in a timely manner ensuring compliance and accuracy. The applicants will also assist the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) with procurement and asset purchases, assist with preparation of budget documents for the school’s Board and Finance Committee as well as effectively manage all aspects of the school’s Hire of Facilities program which includes building and maintaining relationships with our facility hire customers. This position calls for candidates who ideally possesses superior organisational and time management skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. Applicants who have a strong knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing, SIS Integris and Microsoft 365 will be highly regarded.
Founded in 1955, Mount Lawley SHS is located within a residential suburb 5 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. It comprises three sub-schools; Years 7 & 8, Years 9 & 10 and Years 11 & 12. It hosts a Gifted and Talented Languages program, an approved Specialist Visual and Performing Arts program, a Jazz Music program and the innovative Aboriginal Excellence Program. The school offers a breadth of curriculum choices and has a rich history of student success and achievement.
A major strength of the school is its strong links and partnerships with parents and the broader community. All staff at Mount Lawley Senior High School are committed to the provision of learning programs that cater for all post-school destinations including university, State Training Providers and employment.
With the school vision of Inspire to Aspire and a motto of Truth and Courtesy, there is an expectation that staff and students commit to the attainment of personal best and excellence in all aspects of school life.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Financial management skills with the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed computer skills including the ability to create, operate, extract reports and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and systems.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply innovative thinking in problem solving.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Lawley Senior High School can be found by visiting lawley.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Moxey, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9265 1503 or emailing Julie.Moxey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.