Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP718354
Kingston Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Deputy Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and be committed to achieving exceptional outcomes for all students. You should be an inspirational leader who is able to manage complex situations, provide support and direction to teachers and students, effectively manage resources and have administrative abilities. A strong focus and demonstrated outcomes relating to staff and student wellbeing is preferred.
Suitable applicants will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by assisting the Principal to develop and promote the school’s Business Plan priorities, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision. The Deputy Principal is responsible for providing support to all staff and students as required to manage behaviours.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly and respectful culture built on solid foundations of the school virtues program. Suitable applicants will be joining a team of high quality and dedicated staff all aiming to support students to achieve their best. The ability to form positive relationships with staff, students and the community is ideal.
Possessing an in-depth knowledge and strong background in Microsoft School Transformation Program (MSTP) and a proven ability to lead the school in change management processes necessary for this program is highly desirable. Kingston PS strives for teacher excellence through ongoing classroom observation and feedback with a focus on John Fleming Explicit Instruction. Collation and reflective analysis of school data underpins our approach to teaching and learning. Candidates must be able to possess high competency in this area.
We are an Independent Public School educating and nurturing our 670 Kindergarten to Year 6 students. Our school is situated 160 km south of Perth in Australind. The teaching staff bring enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism to the whole school approaches that are embedded in the school and form an exemplary team who work to a common vision. We strive to be an innovative exemplar of evidence based contemporary education and create optimum developmental opportunities for our students.
At Kingston PS we prepare every student with the fundamentals for life success, with the skills to positively contribute to society, and the opportunity to excel. Kingston has a strong whole-school approach to literacy, numeracy and the Virtues Project which provides students with empowering strategies that inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life. The key virtues that underpin the school's ethos are Care, Courage, Respect and Excellence.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kingston Primary School can be found by visiting www.kingstonprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Katie Wallace, Principal telephoning (08) 9797 5000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.