Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717013
This is a seven (7) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022 with possible extension (7 months) and/or permanency
Thornlie Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and organised Senior Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. To be successful as Senior Gardener/Handyperson you should be confident in performing minor repairs and perform all duties using safe work practices. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and can use initiative and work efficiently when unsupervised. Applicants with strong gardening and handyperson skills, to ensure our buildings and grounds are maintained at their current high standard, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thornlie SHS is located 16 kilometres south east of Perth and caters for students in Years 7 to 12. Our school takes a holistic approach to education and is concerned with the academic, social and physical progress and wellbeing of all students. As a specialist sports school, we offer scholarships to students wishing to join these exciting programs. Our Specialist Program in Rugby is available by application and a highly competitive selection process.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Thornlie Senior High School please visit www.thornlieshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Maria Jardine, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9376 2100 or emailing Maria.Jardine@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.