Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717084
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Thornlie Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a friendly and committed Library Officer to join their friendly team.
As a Library Officer you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the library, provision of reference information and maintaining the resources. The ability to develop an attractive and welcoming environment is desirable, along with a passion for books and reading. You will maintain the library systems ensuring library records are up to date and library resources are processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
The successful applicant should have excellent customer service skills to provide library support to our students, school community, and staff. You will work in partnership with staff to ideally create a welcoming and vibrant library environment. A sound understanding of library systems, processes and stocktakes would be highly desirable.
Thornlie SHS’s vision is to Engage, Inspire and Achieve. At Thornlie Senior High School, students fulfil their aspirations working in an environment that emphasises the importance of respectful relationships and the achievement of personal best.
As a Perth government school we are a proud Independent Public Secondary School with nearly five decades of experience in providing a successful education to our 1200 Year 7 to 12 students, helping them to identify their aspirations and achieve their personal goals.
We value well established educational traditions set by past teachers, parents and students and we are passionate in our desire to use the latest research and learning strategies to prepare our students for the future. We know where we are going and how to get there.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Thornlie Senior High School can be found by visiting www.thornlieshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Maria Jardine, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9376 2100 or emailing Maria.Jardine@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.