Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717205
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency.
Lakeland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic School Officer to work cooperatively as a member of our friendly team.
As a School Officer you are the first point of contact in our front office and you will liaise with parents, students, staff and external stakeholders and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. In order to be successful, you should possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, have well developed interpersonal skills and be able to use your initiative. The demanding role of School Officer also involves undertaking student-related activities, including providing information, advice and collecting documentation for enrolment of new students. As the School Officer, you will administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems.
The successful applicant will focus on team work, self-motivation and ideally model effective student, customer and administrative support service delivery. Furthermore, it is highly desirable for applicants to have prior experience using the School Information System database (SIS) administration.
Lakeland SHS is a thriving school community. Extracurricular programs are in abundance and after school homework classes are well attended. Staff are highly committed and seek to develop friendly and supportive working relationships with students. A major school goal is to become the school of choice for the majority of youth living in the district. In working towards this goal the school has excelled in many areas, and developed programs that engender success. Lakeland SHS provides a calm and friendly atmosphere where students are encouraged to succeed and take pride in what they achieve. The school has two very successful approved Specialist Programs in Music Technology and Touch Football.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lakeland Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lakelandshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Angelique Choo, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6172 2200 or emailing Angelique.Choo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.