Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS717237
Belridge Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool of Library Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a great knowledge of books, particularly Young Adult Fiction, a passion for reading and be able to refer students to a wide variety of material. The Library Officer will be responsible for supporting the Teacher Librarian in the library's day-to-day operations, as well as providing reference, information, and related services to teaching staff and students
Suitable applicants will ideally possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery, meet deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills to work in collaboration with teachers, students, school support staff, our school community. In this capacity the Library Officer should also have the skill to work independently without supervision or direction in this role with an excellent focus on team work.
Ideally, you will have the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing with experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively. Experience using Student Information Systems (SIS) and library management systems, such as Destiny and Oliver, would be highly desirable.
Belridge SC is currently looking to secure someone for 2 days per week.
At Belridge SC, our culture of respect for self, respect for others and the space, ensure that our students are able to develop as learners in a safe, supportive environment. Our wrap-around student services model provides the highest possible care, placing the student at the centre of everything we do.
A clear focus on 'Every student, Every Classroom, Every day' ensures our students are supported in the best possible way to reach their full potential and achieve success. Our highly qualified and experienced staff provide a quality learning environment for all students through a variety of curricular and extra-curricular learning experiences. Our College has something to offer all learners.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to provide administrative support and organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Belridge Secondary College can be found by visiting belridgecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerrie Ward, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9408 8000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.