Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE719911
Applicants found suitable in advertised vacancy DOE601872 need not reapply
The South Metropolitan Education Region (SMER) is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Participation Coordinator for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022 and up to the end of December, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022 up to the end of December, 2023
The Senior Participation Coordinators support the Engagement and Transitions Managers to broker successful transitions of students between school, training and employment. Suitable applicants will help develop the skills of the Participation Coordinators in case coordination and transition planning for disengaged compulsory school-aged students.
The Senior Participation Coordinators will train, mentor and support Participation Coordinators within the region to work within the brokerage philosophy, coordinate and monitor workloads, and may performance manage various team members. You will assist with implementation and operational management strategies, and plans for training or suitable employment for disengaged compulsory school-aged students. You will communicate with, monitor and report on implementation plans with the region, and provide feedback on their effectiveness to the Engagement and Transitions Managers.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Well-developed knowledge of youth, education, training and support services and an understanding of the requirements to support the transition of compulsory school-aged students into appropriate post school options.
- Capacity to work in diverse settings with at-risk young people.
- Sound management, supervisory and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and support staff, and use performance management to enhance capacity.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, including an ability to identify and clarify issues.
- Highly developed communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, work within a team environment and with people across a range of backgrounds.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Gemma Woods, Engagement and Transitions Manager by telephoning 0427 401 947 or emailing Gemma.Woods@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria 1, 3 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a nationally recognised qualification in human services, youth work or a related area
- hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- undertake travel including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations, as required
- undertake travel in small aeroplanes to remote locations, as required
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED