Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS715865
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally have a great knowledge of books with a passion for reading and the ability to refer students to a wide variety of material. The Library Officer will be responsible for developing and supporting the library's day-to-day operations, as well as providing reference, information, and related services to teaching staff and students.
The successful applicant will ideally possess good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery, meet deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills to work in collaboration with teachers, students, school support staff, and our school community. In this capacity, the Library Officer would also ideally have the ability to work independently without supervision or direction, with an excellent focus on team work.
Ideally, you will have the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing with experience in providing administrative support and the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School was opened in 2006 and proudly provides a full range of lower secondary courses to students and meets the needs of all students in the community. The school caters for students from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Located 600km east of Perth, this thriving mining centre caters for more than 870 students from Years 7 to 10. The school is committed to working collaboratively with the community to create an inclusive and innovative environment that motivates and engages students. Being a major regional centre, the city provides comprehensive facilities, services and infrastructure making it a comfortable location in which to live and work. The city is proud of its history and heritage which caters for a significant number of tourists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School can be found by visiting www.kalgoorlie-boulderchs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Melissa Wood, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.