Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS717094
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
WA College Of Agriculture – Morawa (WACOA – Morawa) is seeking to appoint an Assistant Farm Supervisor to join their school.
The successful applicant will support the Farm Manager in farm enterprise operations, overseeing the farm training programs including planning, delivery, assessment and coordination of other farm training staff, through rostering and monitoring student progress. As an Assistant Farm Supervisor, you will ideally be an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who is passionate about working with young adults. You will ideally have experience in Registered Training Organisation (RTO) compliance and delivery of competencies within an agricultural enterprise.
Working on a unique farm, with a training focus that specialises in mixed farming enterprises that includes cropping, cattle, sheep and pig production, the successful applicant will assist in the development and implementation of the farm development plan, agricultural training programs and policies and undertake the supervision of Technical Officers – Agricultural Instruction.
WACOA – Morawa is a highly regarded College which provides Agricultural Education and Training to students in Years 10, 11 and 12. Students are attracted from across Western Australia to study specialised agriculture through a combination of WACE subjects and nationally accredited certificates, with a focus on the agricultural and supporting trade areas.
The college is located adjacent to the town of Morawa, comfortably located 100km from the coast and one and a half hours from the services and amenities of the City of Geraldton. The college provides small class sizes for program delivery, where every student is treated as an individual.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge, experience and competency within an agricultural enterprise. (Relevant to the requirements of the School/College.)
- Ability to provide effective supervision, plan and organise work schedules.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to assist in the preparation, monitoring and reviewing of budgets and provide reports.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and industry personnel.
- Ability to design, deliver and assess effective training programs in agriculture and related areas.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Morawa can be found by visiting www.morawaag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Phillip Epps, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa, by telephoning (08) 9971 4600 or emailing Phillip.Epps@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold an appropriate post-secondary qualification in management, agriculture or other relevant area;
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or commit to complete the Certificate within 12 months of commencement;
- Hold a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Share an on-call role (50-50) with the Farm Supervisor; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.