Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS717188
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Looma Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking a highly motivated, capable and experienced Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their collaborative team.
The MCS in partnership with the Principal is responsible for the management of the school’s financial, physical and human resources. You will play an essential role in the effective and efficient operation of the school by working alongside the Principal to ensure all financial, human resource and operational procedures are complied with.
As MCS, you will lead and support staff and work with the school leader and teaching staff to achieve progress towards school business plan goals. The ability to work with and provide assistance managing Information Communication Technology (ICT) is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will be an administrator, with clear knowledge of how the MCS role impacts and is guided by the school improvement model, the School Resourcing System and the Student-Centred Funding Model. The successful applicant will work within the leadership team in a strategic space around workforce planning and the targeted use of resources in line with school planning.
The successful applicant will ideally be relationship-focused, highly motivated, innovative and be able to work collaboratively. You will ideally possess strong interpersonal skills and have a warm and friendly nature, be highly organised and have the ability to multi-task. We are seeking an individual with strong record-keeping, financial and human resource management skills along whilst showing a high level of attention to detail.
About the school
Looma RCS is located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia approximately 130 km south east of Derby, some 30 km (dirt road) south of the main Derby to Fitzroy Crossing Highway.
Looma Community is built at the base of the picturesque Grant Range and the school enjoys magnificent vistas of the surrounding hills and rock formations that give Looma its name.
Looma Community is relatively young, having been established in the 1970's but in a short period of time, it has developed steadily. The population comprises of three major groups; Walmajarri, Nyikina and Mangala, with a touch of others.
Please note: Regular travel to school may be required, however MCS position is based off site at Kimberley Education Regional Office, Broome.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Looma Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Megan Wiebrecht, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Looma, by telephoning (08) 9192 0859 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.