Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA716794
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you an effective leader who is committed to improving standards?
Kiara College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Head of Learning Area (HOLA) Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) to join our team.
The HOLA Humanities and Social Science will work collaboratively with the Principal and other members of the leadership team to provide educational leadership in the school and the community, promoting shared ownership of our vision and values.
The successful applicant would have the ability to provide direction and purpose to staff, build team capacity and cohesion and promote an environment of positive quality learning experiences for all students. Effective communication skills and a proven ability to lead curriculum development are highly desirable for the position. As the HOLA Humanities and Social Science you will ideally have extensive content knowledge of the HASS Curriculum. Effective change management skills and the ability to contribute to the implementation of whole school strategic initiatives such as Explicit Instruction and Positive Behaviour in Schools are highly desirable.
Kiara College is a vibrant learning community located on the western edge of the Swan Valley. Catering for Years 7-12, Kiara College boasts a comprehensive and innovative program that supports students to achieve their potential. Students can follow an ATAR, General or VET pathway, preparing them for university entry, TAFE or the workplace. Well researched and evidence based decision making is a hallmark of our practice.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kiara College can be found by visiting kiaracollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Kaye Stevens, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 6235 7000 or emailing Kaye.Stevens@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of a four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED