Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE715942
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2022 with possible extension
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
ICT Governance and Planning is the primary entry point to ICT for any new significant effort, project, planning or major change initiative.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
ICT Governance and Planning are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Finance and Procurement Officer.
The successful applicant will assist the Coordinator, ICT Risk and Statutory Reporting in the financial and administrative aspects of Branch operations and Divisional projects and tasks including accounts payable/receivable and procurement. The Finance and Procurement Officer is also responsible for investigating and resolving queries relating to ICT procurement and accounts payable/receivable activities.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and experience in applying customer service principles and practices.
- Demonstrated sound experience in financial processes and procedures, including account payments, monitoring expenditure and reconciliations.
- Demonstrated sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, exercise initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated sound keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Coordinator, ICT Risk and Statutory Reporting, Celine Langfield-Tang by telephoning (08) 9264 5032 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday 2 December 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.