Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS714318
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Hampton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, efficient Manager Corporate Services to join the school’s Executive Leadership team.
The successful applicant, alongside the Principal, will lead the school’s financial, physical and human resource allocations to ideally support positive, measureable impact on outcomes for students. Measuring action against the impact for students should be a key feature of your practice to be successful in the role as would be a central focus of your work leading the strategic development of the school with the other Executive Leadership team members.
Alongside the strategic leadership portfolio, the Manager Corporate Services would administer the One Line Budget and manage and report on the financial integrity of the school's business operations within the school and to the School Board. The successful applicant should provide input into financial planning and budgeting as well as the administration and reporting of the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible. In addition, the successful applicant, in collaboration with the Principal, would provide operational input to the development and enactment of the school’s Business Plan and will monitor the school’s financial performance against these plans.
The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively lead the administration and support team through effective Human Resource and frontline service practices, for staff, students and the community. The successful applicant should also have the personal attributes to work in a collaborative team environment, committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. The Manager Corporate Services will ideally be responsible for strategic oversite of Buildings, Facilities and Assets Management.
Hampton SHS strives to create a vibrant culture of excellence, innovation, opportunity and success for students. The focus of our efforts are on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success for every student. We provide a wide range on opportunities and support to cater for student interests, capabilities and future aspirations. We are committed to developing staff capacity to provide comprehensive growth for all staff to deliver the best learning outcomes for our student population.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hampton Senior High School can be found by visiting hampton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Steven Beaton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6235 7100 or emailing Steve.Beaton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.