Please note: As of Monday, 29 November the commencment date and closing date have been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712803
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Gilmore College is seeking an innovative and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Network Administrator.
The role of the Network Administrator is to maintain the school’s Information Technology (IT) systems and network, ensuring reliability and sustainability to enhance the learning environment, within the Departmental asset management and security regulatory framework. You will provide advice on technical issues and collaborate with administration to maintain and develop the network system. You will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school on various software applications, and provide access to systems and resources to comply with government/central network interfacing and verification policies to ensure data security and user compliance.
The Network Administrator will also provide input on system enhancements, implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate IT resources, and support purchasing and development of a replacement plan. Strong interpersonal skills are important to ensure positive relationships with internal and external representatives, staff, students, and our wider community.
Gilmore College is an Independent public school which opened in 2008 continuing 52 previous years of secondary education provided by Kwinana Senior High School. The school continues the education of students from within the City of Kwinana area primary schools.
Our positive behaviour school acronym is S.O.A.R. which stands for Supportive, Organised, Aspirational and Resilient and creates a tone for our welcoming environment. We provide a comprehensive curriculum with pathways to university, further study, training and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills and experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- Conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gilmore College can be found by visiting www.gilmorecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jessica Hammill, Human Resources Manager, by telephoning (08) 6595 2737 or emailing Jessica.Hammill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.