Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA718173
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you an experienced, innovative instructional coach/leader who is making a difference to student learning outcomes? Do you use evidence-based practice to inspire and work collaboratively with others to promote whole school improvements to teaching and learning?
The Midwest Targeted Teaching Project is seeking a motivated and experienced instructional leader/coach to support the implementation of Explicit Instruction and Targeted Teaching in classrooms throughout Geraldton Network schools through a coaching approach.
This has been a two year project commencing in 2020, funded by the Department to support the fidelity of high impact instruction across the 21 Geraldton network schools. The Network will be seeking funding to continue this project.
The Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with Teach Well and Geraldton Network schools to support the implementation of explicit teaching through instructional coaching of classroom teachers and the mentoring of internal instructional coaches within schools.
This position is based in Geraldton and will work across Primary and Secondary schools to support Kindergarten to Year 10 teachers in developing best practice strategies in the classroom.
The Program Coordinator will provide instructional leadership to the 21 Geraldton Network schools through:
- Regularly reviewing and monitoring the Targeted Teaching implementation Plan
- Providing instructional coaching for Masterclass teachers
- Mentoring internal instructional coaches by modelling and giving feedback around the coaching process and model.
- Delivering Professional Learning to instructional coaches
- Collecting and analyzing data from across the district to determine the impact of the project
- Collaborating and communicating with the two Network Principals to provide regular progress reports to the network
- Maintaining and updating the Teams platforms for both Teachers and Instructional Coaches
- Sharing best practice around effective teaching and learning within Primary and lower secondary schools
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wandina Primary School can be found by visiting www.wandinaprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dianna Miller, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wandina, by telephoning (08) 9968 1150 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.