Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE717104
The Strategy and Policy division is seeking to establish a pool of Directors (Public School Review) for appointments to fixed term, full-time vacancies which may arise during 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time within this period, and will be based on business needs and individual position requirements. While the position is based in East Perth, applicants residing in other Western Australian locations will be considered.
Suitable applicants from the previous process (PR637262 – July 2020) need not reapply.
Directors Public School Review draw on their expertise in public education to analyse and validate school self-assessments against a set of standards, to provide assurances to school communities and the Department that schools are performing as expected.
To be successful in this role, you will analyse school self-assessment submissions, and lead Public School Reviews seeking evidence to support successful outcomes for students and school improvement. The ability to strategically select review teams and lead with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills will be key to this role. You will maintain, promote and model ethical practice, and appropriate standards and conduct.
As a Director, Public School Review, you will be required to travel statewide across all public school education settings and maintain a schedule of Public School Reviews and related activities.
Applicants who confidently display and demonstrate the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- A drive to excel
- Openness and capacity for learning
- Interpersonal acumen
The Public School Accountability directorate has a specific role to conduct reviews to provide assurance that a school is operating effectively and delivering high-quality education to its students. Public School Reviews are conducted in all Western Australian public schools. School self-assessments are submitted electronically and considered by a review team comprised of a Director and a Principal peer reviewer. The review team conduct a school-based validation visit and a report is prepared reflecting the school's submission, planning intentions and confirming the review return timeframe. The Public School Accountability directorate also undertakes commissioned processes, such as targeted reviews.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Please contact Raechelle Lee, Executive Director, by telephoning (08) 9264 5354 or emailing Raechelle.Lee@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching, have school leadership experience and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED