Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS714486
The School of Isolated and Distance Education Registered Training Organisation (SIDE RTO) are seeking to establish a pool of Vocational Trainers and Assessors for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Applicants with experience and expertise in the following industry areas are highly encouraged to apply: Foundation Skills, Visual Art, ICT, Agriculture, Environment and Conservation and Sport and Recreation and White Card (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry).
We are seeking applicants who are ideally organised, committed, and who have a broad range of skills and strategies to meet a range of students’ learning needs. You should be competent in the use of technology and have sound communication and effective interpersonal skills. The Vocational Trainer and Assessor will ideally have a flexible approach with a passion for engaging students and ensuring they make progress.
Suitable applicants will deliver courses whilst engaging and mentoring students in training and assessment processes. You will also ensure students are fully aware of course requirements and timelines. The Vocational Trainer and Assessor will maintain assessment records and report results as required. We are seeking individuals who inspire passion for learning in others, promotes quality teaching and learning, with the ability to lead a wide range of initiatives effectively.
SIDE specialise in distance education and online learning. Therefore, flexible working arrangements may be considered where appropriate. SIDE is located in Leederville, however, staff may be directed to work from other campuses, including Canning Vale College and North Lake Senior High School from time to time.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Relevant and current industry skills, knowledge, experience and competency in a relevant industry or professional field.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of Training Packages, Australian Qualifications Framework, the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and competency based training and assessment.
- Ability to deliver quality training and assessment to diverse learners, under a range of conditions and contexts.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the appropriate interpersonal skills for working with young people and culturally diverse learners.
- Initiative and organisational skills and the ability to work as a member of a team and offer innovative solutions to support the organisation’s vision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about the School of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Shannon Laidler, SIDE RTO Manager, by telephoning (08) 9311 1625 or emailing Shannon.Laidler@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold one of the following:
- TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment: and
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A; and:
- TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B;
- a relevant higher qualification
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Hold and maintain a current ‘C’ class drivers’ licence
- Undertake travel throughout the state, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations and remote locations as required
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 30 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.