Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711852
Please note as of Tuesday, 23 November 2021 there has been an amendment made to the closing date
This is a permanent part-time (0.56FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Harvey Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Canteen Supervisor and join their friendly team.
School canteens are an integral part of the learning environment, and as such should operate in a manner that supports the health messages of curriculum. Schools are required to follow the Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy.
Harvey Senior High School is a member of WA School Canteen Association (WASCA).
We are seeking a Manager to work 22 hours per week during school terms, the hours for this roster will be 8.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Thursday. The role of the Canteen Supervisor is to manage the operations of the School Canteen taking student's needs into consideration in providing a high level of customer service. The Canteen Supervisor assists the Principal and Manager Corporate Services in developing an Operation Plan and implements strategies to ensure a viable cost effective food service is provided. This includes, with the assistance and advice of school staff and WASCA, planning and costing a suitable menu using the traffic light system, maintaining financial records, handling monies and stock management.
As Canteen Supervisor, the successful applicant will plan, monitor and review all food delivery, preparation and serving processes using relevant food safety principles and implement improvements as required and ensure compliance with relevant legislation to ensure the provision of safe food and reduce risk. Will have completed, or be willing to complete the Traffic Light, FoodSafe Handler and All About Allergens for Schools training.
By virtue of its size, Harvey SHS is able to cater for all students as individuals. The commitment of staff and local community involvement means that there is a strong connection between students, parents/caregivers and staff, resulting in all students being supported to achieve their potential. There is strong support from the community in enabling enriched educational opportunities for students.
As well as striving for excellence in all learning areas, students are encouraged to develop those skills, attitudes and values that will enable them to become lifelong learners who are able to adapt to their environment and contribute positively to their community. Harvey SHS is a school responsive to the needs of its clientele and is always looking for better ways to meet them.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of food hygiene practices and relevant Occupational Safety and Health Regulations.
- Skills and experience in the management of a school/college canteen, commercial or similar service environment.
- Skills and experience in coordinating and supervising staff.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to plan and deliver a high standard of food delivery practice.
- Well-developed written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harvey Senior High School can be found by visiting www.harveyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Kelly Servaas, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Harvey, by telephoning (08) 9782 3800 or emailing Kelly.Servaas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.