Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH714407
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and dedicated Mathematics Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are seeking highly motivated, individuals who possess a passion for Mathematics and are committed to achieving outstanding educational outcomes for all students in our culturally diverse school, therefore we are committed to appoint staff who are the right fit for our school and community.
We have a strong focus on delivering high quality learning experiences, as such it would be desirable for applicants to possess a deep knowledge of the Year 7 to 12 Mathematics curriculum, outstanding application of assessment and reporting practices, which include a high level of data analysis skills to monitor the progress of students and classes and experience in planning and delivering programs for Gifted and Talented Students, Students with Special Needs and high performing, academically driven students.
Applicants with experience in teaching Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) Mathematics Applications, Methods and/or Mathematics Specialist courses in Year 11 or 12 are encouraged to apply.
Ideally candidates will have experience in teaching students from a non-English speaking backgrounds and have completed CMS (Classroom Management Strategies), IS (Instructional Strategies) and/or EI (Explicit Instruction) training.
Actively supporting the school commitment to EI will be central to the position.
Suitable applicants should be able to substantiate a strong commitment to the development of their own pedagogy via avenues such as targeted professional learning, collaboration with colleagues, membership of a professional learning team, use of student feedback surveys and formative assessment.
Aspirant leaders with the ability to manage and support key programs and additional activities at Lynwood SHS are encouraged to apply for this position. It is important that applicants display their capacity to engage purposefully across all aspects of this learning area.
Lynwood SHS is an Independent Public School that caters for students in Years 7 - 12. We have a reputation for our outstanding approach to the care of every student, together with a commitment to their academic success across all our programs in the school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lynwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Kelly Summers, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 9354 0600, mobile 0428 972 345 or via email email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.