Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH713638
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you passionate about shaping the minds of the next generation?
Eastern Hills Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) Teacher to join their team. This position will also require the applicant to teach in a second learning area.
The successful applicant should be a dynamic and dedicated HASS specialist with a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. Eastern Hills SHS is seeking a teacher who is highly reflective about their teaching practice and committed to evidence-based decision making. The role requires knowledge of the Western Australian (WA) Curriculum and preferably, displayed experience in utilising high impact teaching strategies within the classroom.
As a Teacher of HASS at Eastern Hills SHS you should possess the professional knowledge, practices, and experience to deliver an engaging and relevant secondary HASS curriculum using a positive, student-focused approach. Proven success working with students across a range of ability levels, including multi-age groups, will be advantageous.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a willingness to liaise with colleagues, parents, and external networks to establish strong community partnerships, will be highly desirable. As the successful applicant, you should be relationship focused with a consistent and transparent classroom management approach. You should be enthusiastic, seek opportunities for innovation and leadership, and ideally have the proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Eastern Hills SHS is located on the outer margin of the metropolitan area serving the communities within the Shire of Mundaring and the eastern section of the Shire of Swan. Primary schools within the intake area include Chidlow, Sawyers Valley, Wooroloo, Parkerville, Mount Helena, Glen Forrest, Darlington and Gidgegannup. Eastern Hills SHS is a diverse and well regarded school with an increasing profile.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Hills Senior High School can be found by visiting ehshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Myles, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9573 0300 or emailing Sandra.Myles@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.