Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS711021
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Do you possess exceptional communication and leadership skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
The WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin (WACOA) is seeking an innovative and proactive individual to join our Executive team.
The successful applicant will manage our College’s complex financial, physical and human resources. As an Agricultural College, we have three distinct budgets that are required to be managed – School (S), Farm (F) and Residential (R). Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the different areas of the College is highly desirable.
The Manager Corporate Services (MCS) administers and reports on the financial integrity of our College’s business operations and provides input into financial planning and budgeting as well as the administration and reporting of the diverse funding entities for which our College is responsible. In addition, the successful applicant, in collaboration with the Principal, will provide operational input to the development and enactment of the College’s Business Plan and will monitor the school’s financial performance against these plans.
The successful applicant will ideally display excellent conceptual, interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively lead the administration, gardening and domestic teams through effective Human Resource and frontline service practices. Experience with workforce effectiveness, management and recruitment is highly desirable.
The MCS is responsible for strategic oversite of Buildings, Facilities and Assets Management, in collaboration with key stakeholders from within the College.
The WACOA - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence and was awarded the 2020 WA School of the Year for WACE Attainment. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. To learn more about our unique location visit the Shire of Cunderdin.
Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 140 bed residential facility.
Our students have access to flexible pathways setting them up for successful careers in agricultural and related industries. Individual learning abilities are well catered for with carefully selected course offerings across the trade training and curriculum areas. Graduates from the College are equipped with the skills to become successful, well rounded individuals who can make a positive contribution to their community.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin can be found by visiting our Facebook page, Instagram page, our website or Schools Online.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Cunderdin can be found by visiting www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Matt Dowell, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.