Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH713599
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Beaumaris Primary School (PS) is seeking an energetic and highly engaging Specialist Music Teacher to join their team. Beaumaris PS is seeking a person whose love of music inspires students.
Beaumaris PS seeks to offer an exemplary Music Specialist programme with Music being highly valued by the school community. The school has a strong reputation for fostering musical talent, with over 40 students engaged in the Instrumental Music School Services (IMSS) program. The successful applicant will continue this tradition of excellence at Beaumaris PS and should have the ability to lead whole school events including assemblies and performances.
It would be highly regarded if applicants are able to display a highly collaborative approach to planning and learning, and to be able to work alongside all Beaumaris PS staff and the Ocean Reef Education Network to contribute to achieving our Business Plan targets.
The successful applicant will ideally have extensive musical knowledge and technical skill, and be able to provide innovative teaching and learning programs for our students. Applicants who are proficient in the use of interactive technology will be well-regarded. The capacity to integrate all aspects of the Arts’ learning area, in particular Media Arts, into the Music programme is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will ideally have outstanding interpersonal skills with a natural ability to communicate and relate to parents, students and staff members. They should possess a high level of energy and be highly organised.
Beaumaris PS is situated in suburb of Ocean Reef. The school has built a team that reflects professional excellence in education. Professional excellence is demonstrated by a shared commitment and pursuit of best practice based upon a flexible approach, active sharing of professional knowledge, the willingness to work in collaborative teams to achieve key outcomes, high personal performance and mutual respect and support for colleagues. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation with a team of highly dedicated, collaborative and professional staff.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beaumaris Primary School can be found by visiting beaumarisps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Jo Stephens, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6206 3100 or emailing Josephine.Stephens@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.