Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE712141
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January, 2022
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave.
Information about the Division and Role
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Manager to join the Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy Directorate.
The Authority provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society.
The Manager – Curriculum and Assessment provides strategic direction in developing policy and procedures for Pre-primary to Year 12 curriculum, assessment, setting of standards, moderation, and grading in all Western Australian schools. Initially, part of the Manager’s role will be to lead the development of Pre-primary to Year 10 Tamil, Hindi and Korean syllabuses as part of the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline and Years 11 and 12 Tamil, Hindi and Korean ATAR course syllabuses as part of the Western Australian Certificate of Education.
The Manager will facilitate collaborative processes between and across school systems/sectors, schools and other stakeholder organisations to share and generate ideas and monitor and review implementation processes.
Further information about the School Curriculum and Standards Authority is available on its website (www.scsa.wa.edu.au).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Implements and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Juanita Healy, Executive Director – Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy, by telephoning (08) 9273 6310 or emailing Juanita.Healy@scsa.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for
- registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete training specific to this role required by Department policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.