Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP711539
Deanmore Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Deputy Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will have the opportunity to work closely with the Principal and be part of a leadership team that values a positive school culture that promotes positive relationships between students; staff and students; parents and the school; and the wider community.
Expertise and experience in leading curriculum and pedagogy across all phases of the school is highly desirable for this role. Suitable applicants should possess excellent verbal and written communication abilities, and superior analytical skills.
As Deputy Principals have a role in mentoring and coaching of staff; supporting collaborative practices within the school; maintaining and implementing the school’s instructional programs; and supporting the development of teacher pedagogy, the ability to analyse student, teacher and whole school performance to identify improvement processes will be highly regarded.
The ability to work within a leadership team; in classrooms; with phases of learning; and whole staff is highly desirable for promoting the school’s vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness.
Suitable applicants will ideally have an understanding of lesson design and the necessary skills to coach staff and carry out lesson observations and feedback.
Deanmore PS has had a long and proud history as an innovative school with high standards and a curriculum that caters for a diversity of cultures, learning styles and parental expectations of schooling. Through the strength of the partnership with our community, our school continues to be a vibrant hub of activity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Deanmore Primary School can be found by visiting deanmoreps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jacqueline Cooper, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9341 1610 or emailing Jacqueline.Cooper@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement detailing a whole school change you have facilitated addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED