Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS713070
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to the community!
North Perth Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a Special Needs Education Assistant Pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 and 2022 school years. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 and 2022 school years.
As a Special Needs Education Assistant you will work with students with disabilities and additional learning needs. Suitable applicants will ideally be friendly, positive student focussed and team spirited.
Through previous experience, you will ideally display the ability to deliver and evaluate planned education programs. You should have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Suitable applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate well with the teacher to help create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students. Suitable applicants for this role should be well-organised and will be able to use initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. These skills will also be utilised to aid teachers by assisting with the general care and well-being of students.
North Perth PS is an inner-city public school, established in 1899 with a long and vibrant history. It's this connection with its past, along with the enthusiasm and energy of the current students, staff and parents that makes North Perth Primary School a dynamic school community. The original school motto Honour, Loyalty and Duty is today understood as our values of respect, resilience, responsibility and inclusivity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Perth Primary School can be found by visiting northperthprimary.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Debra Ansell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9428 7103 or emailing Debra.Ansell@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.