Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712387
This is a permanent part-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Bob Hawke College is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Home Economics Assistant.
The role of the Home Economics Assistant will include assisting the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students. Computer literacy and a passion for textiles is highly desirable.
As the Home Economics Assistant, the successful applicant should have a proactive, positive approach to the role and will be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. You will ideally be able to prioritise tasks well, display initiative and be highly organised and efficient. The successful applicant will ideally have the following attributes: They will be able to display care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco East Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships to improve learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Nicole Cooper, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0419 041 449 or emailing Nicole.Cooper@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.