Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712545
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2021
Baldivis Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated, and reliable individual to join their team in the role of Assistant Gardener - Handyperson
As an Assistant Gardener - Handyperson, you will work in a team to present our school grounds in a clean, attractive and tidy condition. The successful applicant will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management.
The successful applicant will continue to upgrade our existing school grounds and maintain them to a high standard. We are looking for a team player to join our friendly staff who is able to adapt to the diverse role as a school gardener.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be confident in performing minor repairs and have a sound knowledge of safe work practices in order to carry out your duties. You will ideally have the capacity to work unsupervised, with the ability to identify and recognise work that is required to be completed, without specific direction.
Baldivis SC, located 46km south of Perth, is a relatively new and vibrant learning community and the first public secondary school established in the area. The college opened in 2013 with a single year group of 220 Year 8 students and 32 staff. In the ensuing years our College population had risen to over 1,700 students and nearly 200 staff, making Baldivis SC one of Western Australia's fastest growing and largest secondary schools.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis Secondary College can be found by visiting www.baldivissc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Cathy Jones, Finance Officer, by telephoning (08) 9523 3600 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.