Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE712119
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2022 with possible extension (6 months)
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
North Metropolitan Regional Education Office is seeking an Administrative Assistant with high level communication and organisational skills, to fill the role of Administrative Assistant and work closely as part of the dynamic and highly responsive team.
The Administrative Assistant will predominantly provide administrative and secretarial support to a team of Lead School Psychologists. This will include organisation of employee commencements, meetings, resources, rosters, the test booking system and preparing various types of correspondence, documents and reports. Experience and skills using the Department’s Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS - PeopleSoft) and Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS) would be an advantage in this role.
The successful applicant will be highly organised with strong time management skills to be able to provide efficient support to school psychologists via the Lead School Psychologists and manage conflicting priorities and deadlines. You will also be required to work unsupervised, or as part of a team, demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to use your initiative.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Well developed knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical functions
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Knowledge of and experience in account payments and monitoring expenditure for a work unit
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Sally Blackmore, Lead School Psychologist, by telephoning 0436 608 447 or emailing Sally.Blackmore@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 November 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.