Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712266
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
Eaton Community College (CC) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2022.
As a Cleaner you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, bathroom cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, it is highly desirable that you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the schools hygiene a high priority.
Suitable applicants will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants will ideally be organised, reliable, punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Eaton CC site is adjacent to the Glen Huon Primary School and close to community facilities such as the Eaton Fair shopping centre, Dardanup Shire Offices and a community oval, placing it in the heart of the Eaton Community. The site contains significant wetlands of two hectares that form the focal point of the buildings, as well as spacious, well landscaped gardens and lawns that provide a beautiful and healthy environment for active, growing students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eaton Community College can be found by visiting www.eatoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact James Oosting, Cleaner in Charge, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Eaton, by telephoning (08) 9796 7000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 20 Recreation Drive EATON WA 6232 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED