Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS713514
Pearsall Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher that will help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. Suitable applicants will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess high level written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs.
Pearsall PS is an Independent Public School. Children from Kindergarten to Year 6 are catered for in a safe caring learning environment. Our vision is to encourage children to be independent, and achieve the best they can academically and socially, by using a philosophy - I have the leader in me. From the very beginning our school has held true to its philosophy of leadership for students and staff.
Our teachers are constantly striving to provide the best learning opportunities for each child - we put children first. We are committed to nurturing confident and caring children who embrace opportunities and contribute meaningfully to their community. Our highly qualified and professional staff are supported by excellent facilities and provide a warm and supportive learning environment to enable children to thrive in secondary school.
Our pastoral care program builds and supports the entire school community, strengthening connections between students, staff and families. Our culture of care starts in the classroom, with the teacher getting to know each child individually. It is supported through the school chaplain and a large staff committee who coordinate many cultural activities. An emphasis on routines, procedures and high expectations allows us to establish positive behaviours and a fun caring and positive environment that is conducive to learning.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pearsall Primary School can be found by visiting pearsallps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Payne, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 6207 3900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.