Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS712221
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Coolbinia Primary School (PS) is seeking a creative, friendly and committed Library Officer to join their team.
As a Library Officer you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the library, provision of reference information and maintaining the resources. The ability to develop an attractive and welcoming environment is desirable, along with a passion for books and reading. You will maintain the library systems ensuring library records are up to date and library resources are processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
The successful applicant should have outstanding customer service skills to provide library support to our students, school community, and staff. You will work in partnership with staff to ideally create a welcoming and vibrant library environment. A sound understanding of library systems, processes and stocktakes would be highly desirable. Applicants with experience in Infinity Management Program will be highly regarded as will a Library qualification.
Coolbinia PS is an Independent Public Primary School, catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are set amongst native bushland and open spaces of Coolbinia. Enriched by a strong community featuring a friendly, caring atmosphere, the school has developed close, productive partnerships with a range of organisations.
Our experienced educators work alongside our parents and community, to guide students to be the best version of themselves. Our students are our greatest resource and they are supported in developing the attributes required to become leaders and instilling in them a love of learning.
Coolbinia PS provides whole school and classroom programs that engage students in the process of learning to stimulate their desire to learn. This is achieved through the provision of contemporary, high quality teaching and learning programs that build upon student's existing knowledge and provide structures that best support learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coolbinia Primary School can be found by visiting coolbiniaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Rowett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9427 8450 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.