Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA713114
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you looking for an exciting challenge?
Belridge Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a highly effective and innovative Head of Learning Area of Digital and Design Technologies to join our friendly and supportive administrative team.
The successful applicant will, in collaboration with the Principal and the leadership team, provide strong educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting shared ownership of the school vision and strategic direction.
As Head of Learning Digital and Design Technologies, the successful applicant will continue to build the capacity of the Technology Area by providing high quality curriculum leadership and development with a clear focus on STEM Education and Future Ready Skills. The successful candidate will ideally be a creative thinker with a clear vision to bring innovation to the learning area. The ability to develop a cross curricular approach between the two areas would align with the College’s future STEM vision.
The College offers a diverse range of subjects within Digital and Design Technology. The successful applicant will lead the delivery of these programs whilst continuing to update and develop quality teaching, learning and assessment programs across the Western Australian Curriculum and WACE courses.
At Belridge SC, our culture of respect for self, respect for others and the space, ensure that our students are able to develop as learners in a safe, supportive environment. Our wrap-around student services model provides the highest possible care, placing the student at the centre of everything we do.
A clear focus on 'Every student, Every Classroom, Every day' ensures our students are supported in the best possible way to reach their full potential and achieve success. Our highly qualified and experienced staff provide a quality learning environment for all students through a variety of curricular and extra-curricular learning experiences. Our College has something to offer all learners.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Belridge Secondary College can be found by visiting belridgecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Mario Pisano, Vice Principal, by telephoning (08) 9408 8000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED